What is Hajj | The Hajj Info | Hajj Pilgrimage
- Literally, in Arabic, Hajj means that “a resolve” that is to resolve to some high duty.
- As a technical term in Shariah (Islamic Law), Hajj is that the name of these acts that are the performed when stepping into the state of Ihram with the Niyyah (intention) of the Hajj. They comprise Fard (mandatory duty), Tawaf (circumambulation of Kaaba), Wuquf (stay) at Arafat and a few Wajibat (obligatory actions) which are the performed in a given order at appointed times.
- All the rites and ceremonies of Hajj are the acts motivated by the ecstasy and divine madness of love. However, this does not mean that a pilgrim can need to face no difficulties and hardships whereas performing them. Merely implies that the rites of Hajj are the acts of an individual taken with and whereas playing them, he is therefore blithely engrossed in achieving the favor and distance of his beloved the Allah, that he tramples down all the thorns of the method, and becomes an embodiment of submission and patience.
- In spite of all the efficiency that a pilgrim will presumably have whereas performing Hajj, there continuously be some difficulties and hardships. Therefore, to hunt the pleasure and distance of Allah he should bear all of them with patience. Rasulullah says, “To endure hardship in the Hajj is like facing problem in Jihad (fighting for the reason behind Allah). Therefore, he who with patience bears hardships and challenges can have a proper recompense within the after this, his efforts will not go unrewarded” (Ittihaf).
- Before continuing for Hajj, a pilgrim ought to feel that in response to the decision of his proficient, His bondsman intends to kiss His threshold and leaves his home in the hope of being accepted. He should go his home in the spirit as if he is going this world. If he has been unkind or unjust to a person or has harmed him, he should crave his mercy, and if he has deprived an individual of his due or rightful claim, he should redress it.
- He should offer surplus salah (Nafl comprising 2 Rakat) with the intention of Tawbah (repentance for his sins). Then he ought to send Durud (blessings) and Salam (salutations) on Rasulullah, should sincerely repent all his past sins and misdeeds, whether sweet or little, should recite Istighfar (O Allah forgive me) and will create a firm determination that he would never commit the sin again (Insha Allah).